• E-Mac takes a look at the broken relationship between Evgeni Malkin and Alexander Ovechkin. Is the Malkin/ Ovechkin "feud" the main event to the Sidney Crosby/Alexander Semin undercard for tonight's Pittsburgh-Washington tilt? [FanHouse]
Programming note: Please do join us at 7 p.m. ET tonight as we live blog the festivities between the Penguins and Capitals.
• David Shoalts takes a break from tracking the Phoenix Coyotes' financial issues and tells the story of Steve Sullivan of the Nashville Predators' comeback: "Did I hit rock bottom? I'm sure I did, but not to the point where I said I'll never play again," he said. "That never crossed my mind." [Globe & Mail]
• Following in the footsteps of Jonathan Roy, Brett McConnachie of the Central Hockey League's Tulsa Oilers dabbles a bit in the art of hip-hop. [Barry Melrose Rocks]
• Calgary Flames coach Mike Keenan was none too happy about Cam Janssen's hits on Andre Roy and Robyn Regehr last night: "He definitely left his feet (on Roy), and he definitely left his feet on Regehr. The two hits he made . . . he jumped and leaped. He definitely left his feet with the intent of hitting a player who didn't have the puck. A deliberate intent to injure." [Flames Insider via Kukla]
• The New York Islanders may shut down Rick DiPietro for the remainder of the season. Joey MacDonald left last night's game against the New York Rangers with a leg injury. Former Islander goaltender Wade Dublewicz was just bought out of his Kontinental Hockey League contract Ak Bars Kazan. Match made in heaven? [On the Islanders Beat]
• If you're one of the lucky ones who have NHL Network in the United States, tune in tonight to watch the Homehardware 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game. [Canadian Hockey League]
• Finally, here's the top 10 plays at the midpoint of the 2008-09 season courtesy of the immortal DayWalk3r.