Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• On the topic of the Winter Classic, it was announced this morning that on Dec. 31st at Heinz Field, Penguins and Capitals alumni will play in a Legends Game. Mario Lemieux, Paul Coffey, Ron Francise, Bryan Trottier, and Bill Guerin(notes) have been confirmed for the Pens, while only Peter Bondra is scheduled at the moment for the Capitals. Fingers crossed for Al Iafrate and his skullet. [Penguins]
• Should the Senators shake things up or blow it up completely? [Silver Seven Sens]
• Tim Wharnsby with a great story on how Thrashers coach Craig Ramsay has dealt with stomach issues his entire life that almost claimed his life in 1993. [CBC]
• Our buddy Joe Pelletier finds a fantastic photo on eBay featuring the meeting between the great Bob Probert and the great Hillbilly Jim of WWF fame. [Greatest Hockey Legends]
• Last night's Kings game in pictures featuring the awful Smyth family Christmas sweaters. [The Royal Half]
• Hockey cats. Really. Just go there. [Houses of the Hockey]
• Signs your players have quit on you: "In addition to "Jim from High River" and "Bill from Strathmore", the post-game radio show has started getting calls demanding your firing from 'Jarome from the first line'" [Down Goes Brown]
• Still have Christmas shopping to do? Then head to the NHL Auctions site where you can purchase one of the mullets worn by the Los Angeles Kings during warm-ups when they honored Ryan Smyth(notes) for his 1,000th NHL game. The mullets are $50, only 11 remain and they come in short, medium or long sizes. Really.
• Why Thrashers fans should come out and watch the team play. [Thrashable]