Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• • • • •
• • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Voracek in because of snow. Had this game been play Tuesday as scheduled, Jakub Voracek would have been a scratch after suffering a wrist injury Monday. With the 24 hours of extra rest, he'll be in for the Flyers tonight.
2. Hurricanes hope for trifecta, remember the Whale. Carolina has taken the first two meetings this season. Three in a row would end a long streak. From the AP: "The Hurricanes haven't knocked [the Flyers] off in three consecutive meetings since a six-game winning streak as the Hartford Whalers from Dec. 22, 1990-April 15, 1992"
3. Canadiens can use a streak. Montreal has won two consecutive games once in their last 18 and traded wins and losses in each of their last eight.
4. Blackhawks-Red Wings? What rivalry? At least that's what Mike Babcock thinks. "I don't think we're holding up our end of the bargain. Rivalries are when two teams really get after one another."
5. Flames welcome Coyotes. Calgary has lost seven in a row at home. But they've won five in a row at home against Phoenix. What a better time to welcome them to the Saddledome.
Bold prediction: Flames end their streak thanks to a pair of Sean Monahan goals.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Detroit Red Wings
- Montreal Canadiens
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Calgary Flames
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Ryan Johansen
- Los Angeles Kings
- Pittsburgh Penguins