Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• • • • •
• • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Couture out for Sharks. On Tuesday the Sharks announced that Logan Couture will miss the next 3-4 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a hand issue. That's a tough break for the Sharks, who are looking for win back-to-back road games for the first time in over two months.
2. Penguins look to slide over Canucks. John Tortorella on the Canucks, with Pittsburgh in town: "We have lost ourselves a little bit. We're a little bit beat up, we're playing against a different level of team, especially the past couple of nights. But we have some work to do, not just our defensemen but within our team defense. We're just not holding on to pucks offensively and establishing ourselves with our forecheck and we're spending a lot of time in our zone." That's a recipe for disaster against an offensively potent team, which is, wouldn't you know it, what Pittsburgh is.
3. Angry St. Louis. The day after Team USA announced their Olympic team, people kept an eye on some of the players that had been passed over, to see if they responded on the ice, and many did. If you're looking for a response out of an upset Canadian, look no further than Martin St. Louis, who chose not to speak before the game, and may let his play speak for him.
4. Hot Tavares. John Tavares is coming off a five-point night versus the Stars, and riding a six-game point streak where he's put up 13 points. He's hot, is what I'm saying. So is Thomas Vanek, who has a nine-game point streak, and so are the Islanders as a whole -- they've won 6 of their last 8.
5. Rolling Blues in E. St. Louis is looking to win their 6th straight and I'd say they're a safe bet, because, you know, the E stands for Edmonton.
Bold Prediction: The Penguins blow out the Canucks like homemade Kitsilano candles.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- San Jose Sharks
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- NY Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning