Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider in happier times.
• • •
Preview: Carolina Hurricanes at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 p.m. ET.
Preview: Phoenix Coyotes at New York Islanders, 7 p.m. ET.
Preview: Florida Panthers at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. ET.
Preview: Colorado Avalanche at Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30 p.m. ET
Preview: Minnesota Wild at Nashville Predators, 8 p.m. ET
Preview: New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks, 10 p.m. ET.
Preview: New York Rangers at San Jose Sharks, 10:30 p.m. ET
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Roberto Luongo vs. Cory Schneider. You thought this thing was over? Hardly. After trading Schneider to the Devils in the summer, shocking everyone, Schneider returns withthe Devils for a showdown with Luongo's Canucks.
2. Something's gotta give. Tim Thomas and the Panthers visit Philadelphia, who have never started a season 0-4 and are trying to avoid doing just that. But Tim Thomas has never lost in Philadelphia. He's 8-0. Who blinks?
3. Losses piling up in Buffalo. Also 0-3 out of the gate is the Buffalo Sabres. Their worst start in franchise history is 0-5 and they'd like to keep it that way, but they'll be on the verge if they don't beat the Lightning tonight.
4. Can Toronto stay perfect? The Leafs are 3-0 to start the season. Can they push it to four? And more importantly, if they do, they're winning the Cup, right?
5. Ryan Suter vs. Nashville. Suter's already made one trip back to Music City. He was booed every time he touched the puck. Back again for the Predators' home opener, of all games, that could conceivably happen again.
• • •
Bold Prediction: Luongo and Schneider both register shutouts, then choose to skate off hand-in-hand before the shootout, turning the saga into a beautiful love story.