Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• • • • •
• • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1) Bruce Boudreau vs. Patrick Roy, Round 2, FIGHT! Believe it or not, this is the first time the Ducks and Avalanche have met since their catfight in the first game of the season.
2) Bad to worse in Vancouver, if that's even possible. Well, Ryan Kesler kind of got what we he wanted. He's out of the Canucks lineup ... 'at least a couple weeks' with a knee injury. Kesler is second on the Canucks in points, first in goals, and tied for first in power play points.
3) Power of Peverley. Rich Peverley is out of the hospital, and spent time with his teammates on Thursday as they practiced. Just seeing Peverley up and about is bound to give the Stars a boost. Dallas was already a sleeper team to watch; now they're a sleeper team on a mission to win for their teammate.
4) Sharks and Ducks and the Pacific Division. Anaheim had been leading the Pacific Division for a good amount of time. Thanks to the Ducks four-game slide, and the Sharks four-game win streak, they're tied in the standings at 93 points. Both are behind league leading St. Louis by four points.
5) Cory Schneider vs. Roberto Luongo. This time last season, who would have thought this matchup would involve the New Jersey Devils and Florida Panthers, and NOT the Vancouver Canucks?
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey
- Vancouver Canucks
- Patrick Roy
- San Jose Sharks
- New York Islanders
- Bruce Boudreau
- New Jersey Devils