Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.Create-a-Caption: Calgary Flames captain Mark Giordano and his falling pucks.
• • •
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. No Go For Nash. The Rangers will be without star Rick Nash against the Ducks on Thursday night, as he recovers from the hit to the noggin from Brad Staurt. He's officially day-to-day, but will be out of action on Saturday for the Rangers as well. According to Newsday, the Rangers are shuffling lines, with Brad Richards back at center between Ryan Callahan and Benoit Pouliot.
2. Invasion Of The Jets. It's the first divisional matchup between the Jets and Wild. According to the CBC, "A fan-operated blog called The Team of 18,001 issued a special call on Wednesday, explaining locals were being 'out-gunned' by several hundred visiting Jets fans and needed to do better."
3. Julien Ready For Roy. In a battle of unbeaten teams, the Bruins host the Avs. Knowing how, ahem, passionate Patrick Roy can be behind the bench, Coach Claude Julien told the media: "I spent the last couple of days solidifying the glas between the benches. ... It gave me lots of time to do a lot of different things. That's the good part of having a few days off."
4. Power Outtage. Of the three teams without a power-play goal (Dallas being the other), two are in action tonight. The Red Wings are 0-for-8 in three games; the Panthers are a brutal 0-for-16.
5. Sister Foligno, Reporter: Cara Foligno introduces us to her brothers, Marcus and Nick, before they face each other in Thursday's Sabres-Blue Jackets game. This is great.
• • •
Bold Prediction: Joe Thornton scores a hat trick, but the fourth goal never comes.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Boston Bruins
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Colorado Avalanche
- Washington Capitals
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Nashville Predators
- New York Rangers