Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.Create-a-Caption: "St. Louis Blues ice crew dress up as zombies during a game against the San Jose Sharks on October 15, 2013 at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri."
• • •
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Brad and Cally. The Rangers have Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan and Derrick Brassard on a line together, and Richards is happy playing with the captain. "At least Cally I’ve played on the same ice with him and that’s good, we’ve talked a lot. That probably helps the line."
2. Missing Defensemen: John Erskine will miss his third straight game for the Capitals with an upper body injury, while Michael Del Zotto is back in NYC with the flu.
3. Rangers Psychology. Brooks Laich of the Capitals said his team recognizes the Rangers are off to a bad start, so that means trying to get to them early and often. “If you can jump on them early, get one or two quick ones in the first period, and get a lead maybe they play with a little bit of doubt in their minds,” he told the Washington Post.
4. Monahan's Test. As Flames rookie Sean Monahan states his case to remain in the NHL instead of going back to junior, Calgary hits the road for a prolonged road trip. That means his line won't have the last change, which means the competition will be tougher for him.
5. Ducks GM Speaks. Via Anaheim Calling, GM Bob Murray on the state of the League: "I think there are a few teams off to just awful starts, which may lead to things happening around the league much sooner than they normally happen. I just get the sense tonight, there were a couple of games tonight I was kind of paying attention to... teams are off to bad starts, that's the one thing. The other thing, it looks like Brendan Shanahan may be looking for some things this year. So, I've mentioned to our guys, be careful what you do out there, because he looks like he's trying to settle things down early here. Those are the only things that come to my mind quickly."
• • •
Bold Prediction: The Ducks hold Monahan scoreless with a minus-2.
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey
- Washington Capitals
- New York Rangers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Brad Richards
- Calgary Flames
- San Jose Sharks