Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: Ryan Getzlaf has the fire.
• • •
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Panthers' home opener could be a disaster. The Penguins are playing lights out to start the season They're 3-0 thus far. The Panthers have lost three straight, and they're the Panthers. This doesn't bode well for their home opener tonight.
2. Mike Smith vs. the Flyers. Smith tends to play poorly against the Flyers. In his last five starts, he's posted a 5.75 GAA and lost all five games. Good luck out there, bud.
3. Devils, Flames streaking. The Flames are supposed to be bad. They haven't been. Thus far, they have points in all four of their games this season. If they're trying to tank for a high pick, that doesn't bode well, and neither does a visit from the Devils, who remain winless.
4. Rich Peverley, first-line center. If the practice lines are any indication, Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn could both be wingers Friday night on a line centered by Rich Peverley. Suffice it to say no one was looking at him as the first line center Dallas acquired in that trade.
5. Chicago's crazy huge winless streak. The Blackhawks have dropped 2 in a row to fall to 1-1-1, which isn't really that big a deal until you consider the last time they lost 3 in a row was in February of 2012. Can they knock off the impressive-looking Islanders and avoid their worst losing streak in 21 months?
• • •
Bold Prediction: The Devils get their first win tonight.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Chicago Blackhawks
- New Jersey Devils
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Calgary Flames
- NY Islanders
- Dallas Stars
- Ryan Getzlaf
- Carolina Hurricanes