Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: "Phoenix Coyotes' head coach Dave Tippett, right, questions a call with referee Dan O'Halloran during the second period of an NHL hockey game against the Carolina Hurricanes"
• • •
Recap: Detroit Red Wings 3, Boston Bruins 2
Preview: Edmonton Oilers at Washington Capitals, 7 p.m. EDT
Preview: Minnesota Wild at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30 p.m. EDT
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. The Bruins Offense Haz a Sad. Facing Red Wings backup Jonas Gustavsson, the Bruins tallied twice but have just five goals in their last three games. Said Claude Julien: "Our goal-scoring confidence is probably not where we’d like it to be right now.”
2. Pominville's Happy Return. Jason Pominville, former Buffalo Sabres captain, said he's happy to be back in town with the Minnesota Wild. "It's good to be back, a lot of great memories, a lot of good times. Just excited to get the game going. "I don't hold anything against the organization or anything like that. I'm just happy to be where I'm at now and looking forward to get this game played," he said.
3. Thomas Vanek Is Totally Going To Minnesota. Pominville and Vanek both dodged the litany of reasons the Sabres star is expected to join his friend in his college town next summer or earlier. "It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out. He’s a very smart guy and talented player. I’m sure he’ll take his time and make the best decision when the time comes," said Pominville.
4. Yakupov Sits Again. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins doesn't want to mess with his lines.
5. Oates Not Shuffling. Even after sputtering against Colorado, the Capitals will still keep their lines together.
• • •
Bold Prediction: Pominville nets the game-winner in Buffalo.