Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• • •
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Iggy comes home. Jarome Iginla returns to Calgary for the first time since he was traded at last year's deadline. He doesn't plan to get emotional, but that's easier said than done when you're an old dad: "As you get older, and maybe it's the kids, but maybe get a little more emotional."
2. Stephen Weiss also comes home, but no one really cares. It's his first game back in Florida since he… yeah, no one cares.
3. Raanta the treetops, Raanta the sky. Corey Crawford is out for 3 weeks. All hail Antti Raanta! Raanta won his last start, helping to end the Blackhawks' three-game losing streak. Can he continue to keep the team afloat until Crawford returns?
4. Do closed-door meetings work? Because the struggling Rangers, who have lost three straight at home, just had one. I love closed-door meetings. Whenever a team is struggling, they go into a room and shut the door, and… what? Purpose to try harder to win regularly? If these meetings really worked, the players should just close the door more often. If they win, expect the meeting to get a lot of love, although it might have something to do with the Predators' current struggles. They've dropped five in a row.
5. Islanders would like to win, please and thank you. The New York Islanders' losing streaks -- both road and overall -- hit double digits Monday night with their 10th straight loss versus the Anaheim Ducks. Now, with their morale at an all-time low, they face the San Jose Sharks, in San Jose, on the second night of a back-to-back. They picked a bad time to lose 10 in a row, is what I'm saying.
Bold Prediction: Islanders lose in a rout.
- - - - - - -
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- New York Islanders
- Montreal Canadiens
- Anaheim Ducks
- San Jose Sharks
- New York Rangers
- Tampa Bay Lightning