Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: "Referee Marc Joannette #25 chats with some young St. Louis Blues fans between periods of a NHL game between the St. Louis Blues and the Winnipeg Jets on October 29, 2013 at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri."
• • •
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. The penalty kills of Boston and Anaheim needs some salvaging. Opponents have gone 5-for-14 in their last five games against the Ducks on the power play, while the Bruins have given up that many in their last two games alone.
2. Dominic Moore out 7-10 days. Ryan Callahan on schedule. The Rangers will be without Moore for the next 7-10 days as he recovers from an oblique injury suffered against the Islanders on Tuesday. Meanwhile, captain Callahan should return to the lineup in that same timeframe as he recovers from a broken finger.
3. Matt Moulson got to go home again. With the Sabres playing at MSG tonight, Moulson was able to see his wife and two children Wednesday night four days after he was dealt to Buffalo from the Islanders.
4. Bad timing for long road trip for Predators. Facing the Coyotes tonight, the Predators begin a seven-game, 17-day road trip. As The Tennessean's Josh Cooper notes, Nashville is 47-48-11 on the road over the last three seasons. Not what they want coming off two losses in their last three, including a 6-1 thumping at the hands of the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.
5. Home sweet home for Coyotes. On the flip side, playing at Jobing.com Arena has been great for Phoenix this season. Through six games at home, they're 5-0-1 and wrap up a short three-game homestand against Nashville tonight.
Bold Prediction: Matt Moulson scores another pair for the Sabres, but the Rangers get the win 4-3 in a shootout.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Boston Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks
- Nashville Predators
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Buffalo Sabres
- New York Rangers
- Matt Moulson