Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: "A fan of the Calgary Flames celebrates after a goal against the Phoenix Coyotes during an NHL game at Scotiabank Saddledome on December 4, 2013 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada"
• • •
Preview: San Jose Sharks at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: New York Rangers at Buffalo Sabres, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Dallas Stars at Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Winnipeg Jets at Florida Panthers, 7:30 p.m. ET
Preview: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, 7:30 p.m. ET
Preview: Ottawa Senators at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 p.m. ET
Preview: Chicago Blackhawks at Minnesota Wild, 8 p.m. ET
Preview: New York Islanders at St. Louis Blues, 8 p.m. ET
Preview: Carolina Hurricanes at Nashville Predators, 8 p.m. ET
Preview: Colorado Avalanche at Edmonton Oilers, 9:30 p.m. ET
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Sid Plays 500, Malkin Doesn't Play. Evgeni Malkin has a lower body injury, so he'll miss Sidney Crosby's 500th NHL game.
2. Bylsma Puts Over Sharks. Said the Pens coach on San Jose: “With all due respect to Chicago, I think they’re maybe the best team in the league right now in a lot of different areas. Their special teams are in the middle of the pack number-wise, but they have 21 even-strength goals from the Thornton line, 20 from Marleau’s line with Couture and Wingels. The way they come at you and the way they play, they’re certainly, I think, the best team in the league right now. Looking forward to the matchup tonight.”
3. Krug Ready. Claude Julien expects banged up rookie Torey Krug to be in the lineup against the Habs, in the Bruins' first meeting with their rivals this season.
4. Bolts Seek Spark. Outside of an empty netter, the Lightning are scoreless in 135 minutes of hockey. Hurry back, Steven.
5. Benn Possessed. Why yes, Jamie Benn did take his Olympic snub personally.
Bold Prediction: Alex Steen hat trick vs. Islanders.