Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.Create-a-Caption: #OilersLadies showed off some serious gingerbread skills at today's @ChristmasBureau launch
• • •
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Cam Ward Is Back! The Carolina Hurricanes activated their starting goalie from the IR, after missing 10 games with a lower body injury. Alas, Alex Semin is now out for the Canes. Can't have everyone healthy.
2. Kill Bruins Kill! Boston has killed 28 straight power plays entering Monday's game against the Canes. Why? From the Boston Globe: "One reason for the penalty-killing improvement is the familiarity of the shorthanded pairs. Bergeron and Marchand have been paired regularly. Gregory Campbell and Daniel Paille are longtime partners. Chris Kelly had been used to killing penalties alongside Rich Peverley. Lately, Eriksson has assumed most of Peverley’s duties as Kelly’s PK partner."
3. Attention Beau Bennett Fantasy Hockey Owners. Merry Christmas.
4. It's Ben Lovejoy Night in Pittsburgh. The ex-Pen comes back as a Duck. He told the media: "I wasn't a guy that was counted on to play big minutes here. I always hoped I could do it, but I didn't know. [Penguins general manager Ray Shero] was nice enough to give me a fresh start and Anaheim really gave me a chance and I feel like I was able to take advantage."
5. Flames Seek To End Skid. Calgary is winless in six and makes its first visit to Winnipeg. Said Lee Stempniak: "Everybody is pretty desperate for a win here."
Bold Prediction: The Flames get their win ... in a shootout, scoring twice.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Boston Bruins
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Anaheim Ducks