Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: "Two fans attend the game between the New York Islanders and the Winnipeg Jets with Thanksgiving Day hats at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on November 27, 2013 in Uniondale, New York."
• • •
Preview: Winnipeg Jets at Philadelphia Flyers, 11:30 a.m. ET
Preview: New York Rangers at Boston Bruins, 1 p.m. ET
Preview: Pittsburgh Penguins at Tampa Bay Lightning, 4 p.m. ET
Preview: Detroit Red Wings at New York Islanders, 4 p.m. ET
Preview: St. Louis Blues at San Jose Sharks, 4 p.m. ET
Preview: Calgary Flames at Anaheim Ducks, 4 p.m. ET
Preview: Montreal Canadiens at Washington Capitals, 5 p.m. ET
Preview: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild, 6 p.m. ET
Preview: New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30 p.m. ET
Preview: Chicago Blackhawks at Dallas Stars, 8:30 p.m. ET
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. No Dats. Pavel Datsyuk will miss his second straight game and probably the weekend's action with concussion-like symptoms, saying it's the first time he's dealt with them in his career.
2. Jackets' Revenge? The last time the Oilers and Jackets met, Edmonton destroyed them, 7-0. Many pointed to former Jackets assistant Keith Acton, now an Oilers assistant, as a possible reason for the domination, knowing the roster as he does. The Jackets gave up a ridiculous number of shots in that game; can they reverse the trend?
3. No Laich. Brooks Laich of the Capitals will miss their game with a lower body injury, opening the door for Jay Beagle's return to the lineup.
4. Thanksgiving Showdown. Well, more like Black Friday, but whatevs. The Rangers and Bruins play on NBC this afternoon. It's expected to be Lundqvist vs. Rask, who is not a product of the Bruins' system thank you very much.
5. Lapierre vs. Sharks. Remember the last time the Blues played the Sharks? Dan Boyle probably does.
Bold Prediction: Logan Couture hat trick. We're feelin' it.