Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Bryan Bickell #29 (L) and Peter Regin #12 of the Chicago Blackhawks celebrate Bickell's third period goal against the Minnesota Wild at the United Center on April 3, 2014 in Chicago, Illinois. The Blackhawks defeated the Wild 3-2 in a shootout. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
• • • • •
Preview: Chicago Blackhawks at Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m. EDT
Preview: Calgary Flames at Florida Panthers, 7:30 p.m. EDT
• • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. No Dats and Gus Yet. Pavel Datsyuk returns for the Detroit Red Wings, but Mike Babcock said Gustav Nyquist will, for now, keep playing with Johan Franzen and David Legwand.
2. Murray Back. Ryan Murray returns to the Jackets after missing 15 games.
3. DeBoer's Math. Devils coach Pete DeBoer thinks the team can be within striking distance if they win and the Jackets lose. “For me, it’s simple math: We win (and Columbus loses) and we (pull) within three points of a playoff spot and in my mind that’s striking distance,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “I know other people will say the percentages are this or that. I’m not that smart. For me, three points of a playoff spot is striking distance and that is what we have to do.”
4. Hiller's Mind Ready. Jonas Hiller is back from his mental break.
5. No Clinches. There are no clinching scenarios for tonight's games.
Bold prediction: The Devils lose in a shootout. OK, maybe that's not that bold.