Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Preview: Columbus Blue Jackets at Dallas Stars, 8:30 p.m. EST
• • • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Letang Returns. Kris Letang is back for the Penguins in their Rivalry Night game against the Red Wings, playing for the first time in 10 weeks after suffering a stroke.
2. Horton Scores Without Playing. As you might have heard, the Jackets’ game in Dallas is the “Rich Peverley” March 10 game that was stopped due to the Stars forward’s health crisis. It’ll be replayed tonight, although the lone goal scored in the game by Nathan Horton will stand. The same Nathan Horton that won’t play tonight due to injury. So he scored a goal in a game he won’t play in.
3. Gibson Goes. Looks like another start for Ducks rookie John Gibson, in a huge spot against the Sharks.
4. At Stake For Sharks. From CSN Bay Area: “They will need help, though, if they want to avoid Los Angeles. Even if they beat the Ducks on Wednesday in regulation and win their final two games against Colorado and Phoenix this weekend, the Sharks will have to hope Anaheim gets no more than two points in its final two games. The Ducks have clinched the first tiebreaker of more regulation/overtime victories.”
5. Clinching Scenarios. From the NHL: “The Red Wings would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they get at least one point against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Blue Jackets would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they defeat the Dallas Stars in any fashion.”
Bold Predictions: Nathan Horton's goal in the game-winner in Dallas.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Anaheim Ducks
- Dallas Stars
- San Jose Sharks
- Detroit Red Wings
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Los Angeles Kings
- Nathan Horton
- Montreal Canadiens