HBO Sports' "24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the Winter Classic" will premiere Wednesday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT; and after mesmerizing puckheads a year ago with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals, the anticipation for this year's edition is off the charts.
As we did last year, we've created a drinking game for the four-episode series that will serve as a complement to the one hour every Wednesday night you'll be dedicating to the show.
No drinking game is worthwhile without interaction, so it's your job to add to our list in the comments.
For entertainment purposes only, here is Puck Daddy's Unofficial HBO 24/7 Flyers/Rangers Drinking Game, in the classic 1-2-3 drink format.
There are many options here. Rather than see you catatonic after 10 minutes, print this out and pick and choose the ones you want to follow.
And ... here ... we ... go.
• The New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers rivalry is referenced using the following words: "Intense," "historic," "hate," "hatred," "don't like those guys."
• John Tortorella drops an F-bomb.
• Someone's concussion is referenced.
• Madison Square Garden is referred to as the "World's Most Famous Arena."
• Flyers fans are referred to as intimidating or crazy.
• Citizens Bank Park is mentioned by name.
• The magic and blissful nostalgia of outdoor hockey is exploited.
• Peter Laviolette throws his gum on the bench during a tirade.
• Sean Avery is shown wearing anything hipstery or ironic.
• There's trash-talk between players during the game.
• Chris Pronger is stand-offish.
• Brandon Dubinsky is called a weasel or worse.
• Every time Henrik Lundqvist is referred to as "Hank."
• Every time we see a player in their automobile. (CHUG: It's a Vespa.)
• Anytime Ilya Bryzgalov unleashes a "Bryz-ism."
• Anytime someone plays a prank. (Bonus Drink: The victim is a rookie.)
• Someone breaks out a Christmas outfit. (Bonus Drink: This person isn't Max Talbot.)
• Jaromir Jagr talks about being too old for this [expletive].
• Any time Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin is mentioned and neither team is playing the Penguins or Capitals.
• Someone is shown making ice outdoors.
• Someone drops an F-bomb in another language. (Bonus Drink: Henrik Lundqvist drops an F-bomb in Swedish.)
• Peter Laviolette calls a timeout during a game.
• Eric Lindros appears on screen.
• A montage plays to Maxine Nightingale's "Right Back Where We Started From".
• Glen Sather is shown chomping on a cigar.
• A referee chirps a player.
• Each time Scott Hartnell falls down. #HartnellDown
• John Tortorella drops an F-bomb in the direction of Larry Brooks.
• One part of an episode is dedicated to Sean Avery choosing his wardrobe for the day.
• The Mike Richards and Jeff Carter trades are mentioned.
• Jaromir Jagr talks about the Penguins.
• Danny Briere's children appear on screen.
• A member of either the Rangers or Flyers is suspended during one of the four episodes.
• The preseason conversation between Sean Avery and Wayne Simmonds is referenced; either by the narrator or by the two players on or off the ice.
• There's nudity of any kind. (BONUS DRINK: It's not Scott Hartnell.)
• If Rangers owner Jim Dolan's band, JD and the Straight Shot, perform at any point.
• Either Dancing Larry or the Philly sign guy is shown.
• Artem Anisimov is shown firing an imaginary gun.
• Someone bitches about "having all these cameras around here" as a distraction. (Bonus Drink: This person isn't John Tortorella.)
• Max Talbot once again asks for Santas "helpers" during the Flyers' Christmas party.
• Olivia Munn is on screen.
• Ilya Bryzgalov mentions his favorite parks around Philadelphia.
• The HBO crew IDs a player incorrectly; either through mislabeling, misspelling or getting a jersey number wrong.
• Mark Messier cries on screen.
• Any reference to "dry island" or "sloppy seconds."
• Anyone does an interview with food on their face.
• Someone mentions Jan Hlavac played for both franchises.
• There's a full segment involving Jaromir Jagr's adventures in a casino.
(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)
- Sports & Recreation/Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- John Tortorella
- Jaromir Jagr
- Washington Capitals
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Sean Avery
- Peter Laviolette
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Ilya Bryzgalov