The NHL's All-Star Weekend comes to a close with the playing of the 59th All-Star Game this afternoon from Scotiabank Place in Ottawa.
After last night's Skills Competition, highlighted by Zdeno Chara's record-setting performance in the Hardest Shot competition, we're now set for three periods of high scoring and an incredibly little amount of backchecking. (If you're into betting on NHL All-Star Games, Bovada (formerly Bodog) sets today's over/under at 19.5.)
Now we know not all of you enjoy the All-Star festivities and that's fine. But if you choose to watch Team Chara battle Team Alfredsson today, your friends at Puck Daddy would like to aid in your viewing experience with another one of our drinking games.
No drinking game is a good one without interaction, so it's your job to add to our list in the comments.
For entertainment purposes only, here is Puck Daddy's Unofficial 2012 NHL All-Star Drinking Game, in the classic 1-2-3 drink format.
• For each goal scored in the game.
• Anytime a Toronto Maple Leafs player is booed.
• They show a highlight from a previous All-Star Game.
• Jeremy Roenick says something that you just don't quite understand.
• Alex Ovechkin's absence is mentioned.
• You see a shot a the Rideau Canal.
• Every time Daniel Alfredsson passes to a non-Swedish teammate.
• There's a shot from a goal cam or a helmet cam.
• Someone mentions a player on Twitter or reads a tweet from a player.
• The words "pond hockey" or "shinny" are spoken.
• Each time an All-Star is referenced as a former Ottawa Senators.
• There's an offside call.
• Patrick Kane's Superman act and/or Corey Perry's mini-stick are referenced.
• Every time Pierre McGuire tells a player to "have some fun out there".
• Glenn Healy gets upset at something random.
• Any talking head on either NBC Sports Network or CBC complains about All-Star Weekend.
• Each time Scott Hartnell falls down. #HartnellDown
• Al Iafrate's skullet is shown when discussing the history of the Hardest Shot competition.
• You spot a Jersey Foul.
• If someone throws a body check.
• If someone mentions Henrik and Daniel Sedin are brothers.
• Tim Thomas's politics are mentioned.
• Pierre McGuire makes an odd comment about any player.
• Sidney Crosby's absence is mentioned.
• Someone is shown eating a beaver tail.
• If Dan Girardi drops down to block a shot.
• If someone throws a hip check. (CHUG: If that player isn't a Bruin, Leaf or Flyer.)
• Someone is shown eating a beaver.
• Patrick Kane hits on a blonde near the glass.
• If Zdeno Chara hurts someone with a slap shot.
• When you watch Don Cherry on Coach's Corner and you're eager for him to start playing on his invisible piano.
• If a player gets called for a penalty.
• A mic'd up player curses on air.
• The game goes to a shootout.
• Somebody refers to Drake as "Drizzy".
• A goalie posts a scoreless period.
(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy