- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
As the 2012 NHL Draft gets set to kick off tonight, we still don't know for sure who the Edmonton Oilers -- or somebody else, perhaps? -- will take No. 1 overall pick. Nail Yakupov? Ryan Murray? A dark horse?
Either way, the Draft is always intriguing and this weekend there's the feeling that there will be lots of movement of picks and players. As you settle in tonight and tomorrow for all seven rounds, your friends at Puck Daddy are here with another fun drinking game to add to your NHL Draft watching experience.
Coming up, what you should look for today and tomorrow to help increase your beverage-to-hand ratio.
• Each time a team thanks the city of Pittsburgh for their hospitality.
• Each time a team congratulates the Los Angeles Kings for winning the Stanley Cup
• Each time a team gives a shout out to their fans "back home at our Draft party".
• Whenever the "Russian factor" is mentioned in regards to a potential player bolting for the KHL at some point in their career. This includes American Alex Galchenyuk.
• The bloodlines of a draftee are brought up.
• A conversation between general managers is shown.
• A player hugs or kisses his mother after being selected.
• Any team, GM, player or commissioner is booed.
• Your team makes a trade.
• Your team makes a trade that makes you want to take two drinks.
• For each player Pierre McGuire labels a "monster".
• If Penguins fans hatred of anyone named "Subban" continues by booing Malcolm whenever he's picked.
• At the moment Brian Burke's tie is undone for the first time.
• When Commissioner Gary Bettman steps to the podium and utters, "We have a trade to announce."
• If a player hugs or kisses someone other than his mother after being selected.
• A trade is completed after a player waives his no-trade clause. *coughRickNashcough*
• If Pierre McGuire becomes incensed at a player dropping like he was during the 2003 Draft with Zach Parise.
• For any celebrity used to make a draft pick announcement. We're looking at you, Kevin Connolly.
• If a pending UFA's rights are traded (example: Ryan Suter).
• If you see Scott Howson smile at any point.
• Brian Burke and Kevin Lowe finally decide to hold their barn fight.
• The NHL's new video draft board has a malfunction.
• Anything Flyers or Capitals-related is cheered in Pittsburgh.
(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy