The start of NHL free agency was delayed a few days this year and teams have had the past 48 hours to speak with potential free agents in attempt to woo them to their side. We'll see how those pitches went as Free Agent Frenzy kicks off Friday.
Beginning at 12 p.m. ET, free agents can officially sign with teams and offer sheets can be tossed in the direction of those who are restricted. To help our American pals with their post-July 4 hangover and to aid our Canadians buddies with an early start to the weekend, your friends at Puck Daddy are back with another Drinking Game to help pass the time.
Coming up, what you should look for today to help increase your beverage-to-hand ratio.
Take One Drink When ...
• Anyone on the TSN panel looks down at their Blackberry's.
• Pierre McGuire says anything to make you feel creeped out.
• A player that was bought out signs with a new team.
• TSN interviews a player by phone.
• Tim Thomas signs with the Philadelphia Flyers.
• A team you thought was capped out signs a big free agent.
• The terms "journeyman," "ageless wonder" or "clutch players" are used.
• Someone cites a specific passage of the CBA.
• James Duthie says, "We have a signing to announce."
Take Two Drinks When ...
• Someone signs a max term contract of eight years.
• A fake Twitter account dupes a member of the MSM.
• You fall victim to a fake Twitter account of a MSM personality.
• Andrew Ference announces who he's signed with via a Vine video.
• Pierre McGuire calls a player by their full name, such as "Michael Ribeiro" or "Timothy Thomas."
• Any member of the TSN panel refers to #DregerFace.
Take Three Drinks When ...
• Tyler Bozak signs the 2013 version of Ville Leino's contract.
• A player you've honestly never heard of before signs an NHL free-agent contract.
• The TSN broadcast strays away from talking free agency and discusses other topics like what Canada's 2014 Olympic team might look like.
• A player signs for more millions of dollars than he had goals scored last season.
• A player finds out he was traded while watching TSN.
CHUG IF ...
• A restricted free agent signs an offer sheet. (Two chugs if RFA Jonathan Bernier signs anywhere other than Toronto.)
• A team signs Rick DiPietro to any sort of contract.
• The TSN panel gets so bored with the day's events that they leave the set early to their cottages.
*(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy