Sadly, today is the only day on the NHL schedule that will feature all 30 teams in action. Awesomely, it's happening on the final day of the 2011-12 regular season. And while all 16 playoff teams are confirmed, there's still seeding and the Presidents' Trophy up for grabs.
Beginning at 1 p.m. ET. today with the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings and ending with the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks Part Deux, we have 12 hours of hockey to enjoy.
Since we're all friends here, what better way to conclude the regular season, enjoy half a day of puck and get ready for the playoffs next week than with a Puck Daddy drinking game.
Of course, a drinking game is even better with your input, so please feel free to add your own rules to the game in the comments.
Coming up, what you should look for today to help increase your beverage-to-hand ratio.
Take One Drink If ...
• Pierre McGuire tells someone to "go have fun out there".
• Any time Doc Emrick says "DRIVE" or "knifed".
• The Florida Panthers playoff drought is mentioned.
• Either the Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks or Los Angeles Kings are labeled a disappointment.
• An interference/holding/obstruction penalty is called.
• Any reference to the Presidents' Trophy.
• Whenever home ice advantage is mentioned.
• Either John Tortorella's or Craig Berube's anti-Penguins rants are mentioned. (BONUS DRINK: Sidney Crosby calling them "ridiculous" or "garbage" is referenced.)
• Detroit-Chicago goes to a shootout and Todd Bertuzzi and/or Pavel Datsyuk perform yet another sick move.
• Roberto Luongo gets pulled again in favor of Cory Schneider.
Take Two Drinks If ...
• Daryl Reaugh calls anything "six shades of sexy".
• A potentially suspendable offense occurs.
• Any player is mentioned as a potential award winner.
• You see a "Because It's The Cup" commercial. (BONUS DRINK: It mentions "two halftimes.")
• There's a fight in the Penguins/Flyers, Sharks/Kings or Sabres/Bruins game.
• The Columbus Blue Jackets play a Rick Nash tribute video during what could be his final game for the franchise*. (* if he's healthy and plays)
• Mike Milbury scoffs at the notion of just about anything the panel discuss on Hockey Night in Canada's "Hot Stove"
• Steven Stamkos scores No. 60.
• Evgeni Malkin scores No. 50.
• You somehow stumble onto and last more than five seconds watching Islanders/Blue Jackets or Canadiens/Maple Leafs.
Take Three Drinks If ...
• Teemu Selanne scores in what might be his final NHL game ever.
• The Florida Panthers lose in overtime or the shootout.
• Don Cherry's suit would look better with 3D glasses.
• Peter Laviolette channels Ryane Clowe and this time uses a stick to disrupt an on-coming Pittsburgh rush up ice.
• Ryane Clowe comes out for warm ups using a mini stick.
CHUG IF ...
• Someone calls it the "Southleast Division."
• Dan Bylsma walks onto the Pittsburgh Penguins' bench wearing a skirt.
• Brent Sutter smiles for at least one second.
• Jack Edwards performs an end-of-regular season speech that references any American war pre-1900.
*(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy