Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Daniel Sedin has a twin. Like, another one. The resemblance to Swedish Olympic badminton player Henri Hurskainen is uncanny.
• Aaron Portzline gives us a whopping 61 thoughts on Rick Nash, including this quote from an anonymous player. "I skated over to him before a faceoff and just told him 'you have to get out of here. Put your agent to work and get it done." [Blue Jackets Xtra]
• What's holding up the Roberto Luongo trade? According to Andy Strickland: "The Florida Panthers are the best fit for the Vancouver Canucks goalie, but GM Dale Tallon won't give up prized prospect Nick Bjugstad to land him." [USA Today]
• Matt Kalman weighs in on Tim Thomas's active Facebook life. [CBS Boston]
• Jimmy Howard purchased new uniforms for every player in the Ogdensburg Minor Hockey Association. [Ogdensburg Journal]
• HUGE SIGNING ALERT: The Verizon Center in Washington has given out a bunch of permits for huge new signs. [Washington Post]
• Los Angeles Kings' mascot Bailey deals with a hockey fan that showed up in a Buffalo Sabres uniform.
• Dan Ellis discusses summer training, superstitions, and how to recover from having a bad game. [In Goal Mag]
• Very funny: Lightouse Hockey unearths Nassau County's Request for Qualifications form. [Lighthouse Hockey]
• Scott Reynolds looks at the progress of forwards drafted in 2011, based on NHLE. [NHL Numbers]
• Was Jordan Eberle's step up last season a bit misleading? [Edmonton Journal]
• Have you seen Bergie, the hockey-loving cat? Because he's missing. [Patch]
• When it comes to hockey, the married military couple that plays together, stays together. [Department of Defense]
• The New Jersey Devils select their interns via draft.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Daniel Sedin
- Nick Bjugstad
- Rick Nash
- Roberto Luongo