Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Lundy Lundy Lundy• Maybe this is just an anecdote from Henrik Lundqvist's life. Or maybe this tale of his attempt to leave the apartment with a leash and no dog is a sly, chillingly apt metaphor for the owners' attempts to trim player revenue. The man is a genius.
• Looks like Greg Jamison may have found some extra money. [Five For Howling]
• Scott Burnside thinks that, if there's a lockout, fans should bail. [ESPN]
• This guy totally agrees with Scott Burnside. [The Importance of Being Rob]
• Mark Spector dispels CBA myths, such as "Both sides are doing everything they can to avoid a lockout." BUSTED. [Sportsnet]
• Sam Fels reacts to Gary Bettman's words from yesterday. "But there's something in there that I can't get behind. This tortured feeling of 'we can't do this any more' of the current CBA. As if it was some burden that the owners were carrying around, instead of a structure that's seen everyone make more money than they ever have before. And it's a structure the owners wanted. That's what's so galling." [Second City Hockey]
• The threat of a future lockout is partially Earl's fault. [Battle of Cali]
• The OHL's Windsor Spitfires did something bad. Bad enough to earn them a $400,000 fine and five draft picks. So, like, really bad. We don't know what it is, but they deny it. [Buzzing the Net]
• I know we're all thinking it, so let's just get it out there on the table: how will the potential lockout effect the Fort Wayne Komets? [Fort Wayne News-Sentinel]
• When it comes to CBA negotiations, the big-market owners tend to be the ones that drive the bus. [Canucks Army]
• The top 5 defencemen in the Atlantic Division. [Hooked on Hockey]
• The competition for roster spots on next year's Chicago Blackhawks is going to be intense. [CSN Chicago]
• Jenna is an avid NHL fan that wanted to buy an NHL jersey for her Microsoft Xbox Live avatar. But only male avatars can wear the true NHL jerseys. [Gaming Examiner]
• Hey Jets fans, do you like the Jets? And do you like waiting? Because spots on the waitlist for season tickets have opened up! [CBC]
• Good column on Dominik Hasek and Cristobal Huet eyeing returns to the NHL. Am I crazy for thinking... package deal? [SI Red Light]
• Jonathan Quick has undergone minor back surgery. He's expected to recover -- wait for it -- quickly. *thundering ovation* [LA Kings Insider]
• And finally, it's the quiet indignation of the narrator that sells this short video for me.