Apparently, that wasn't the case. Joey's still a junior reporter and was back on the Blackhawks' beat this week discussing the time honored hockey tradition of playoff beards:
• Any friend of gingers is a friend of mine. That includes you, Joey.
• All women and babies around Duncan Keith love his beard. And how could they not?
• Jonathan Toews: still one of the worst playoff beards in hockey. And he better hope Coach Q doesn't hear his thoughts on mustaches.
We haven't see Joey since NHL All-Star Media Day in 2012. We imagine now that the Blackhawks are one step away from the Stanley Cup Final, he'll be right in the middle of each and every postgame scrum asking those hard hitting questions like, "Whose da biggest tuwh-key on da Kings?"
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy
NHL video from Yahoo! Sports:Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• Oklahoma City Barons playoff game postponed due to tornado
• Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Final preview: Penguins vs. Bruins
• Puck Daddy's Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 3 staff picks
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- the Blackhawks