J.J. Abrams is the creator of many cool things: "Lost", "Alias", the resurgent "Star Trek" and "Mission: Impossible" franchises, our junior year college crush on Keri Russell. Now, he's helped create an iPhone app called Action Movie FX that "gives users the ability to insert special effects into any video they take with Apple's smartphone," according to the LA Times.
As is our nature, puckheads can quickly utilize any new technology for maximum hockey enjoyment. So now the most banal NHL video can be turned into something that would make Michael Bay climax.
A tornado at a San Jose Sharks game? There's an app for that.
And if the tornado doesn't get'em, well …
These clips via 'dmikob' on YouTube.
If you attend a hockey game, have this FX app and create a cool video, send it on over to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because it's entirely possible we're going to become addicted these of they proliferate.
Other popular content on the Y! network:
• ThePostGame: Big-time sports agent details his downfall
• New Jacksonville Jaguars owner takes shot at poor NFL fans
• Tight NBA schedule causing injuries; just ask Dwyane Wade
• Shine: How well behaved are your kids?
- Technology & Electronics
- Technology & Electronics/Handheld & Connected Devices
- Keri Russell
- Alex Ovechkin