metta• Metta World Peace's moment with the Stanley Cup elicits a question that just raises further questions. I imagine, after he got over his disappointment, he looked at the trophy and said, "Nice to meet you nonetheless, Mr. Cup. All the best in your travels," and then tried to shake its hand.
• I don't mean to overstate the importance of this week as it regards to CBA negotiations, but this is the most important week in the history of ever. [ESPN]
• A minor hockey coach is facing a potential lifetime ban after punching a 16-year-old member of the opposition. Truculence! [Toronto Sun]
• More important than getting a deal done to end the lockout: getting a deal done that doesn't suck. [The Hockey News]
• Elliotte Friedman's always-excellent 30 thoughts. As one thought explains, he's lost a lot of friends during the lockout, so be extra nice to him, m'kay? [CBC]
• Save us from this season of non-hockey, moderates! Save us with your moderateness and moderate this disagreement! [The Globe & Mail]
• Wayne Simmonds and Chris Stewart are joining Liberec in the Czech League. [USA Today]
• JFK's Oval Office tapes include a recording of him freaking out the U.S. men's hockey team lost to Sweden, 17-2. [Puck Buddys]
• Spector weighs in on players heading to Europe. "One of the stupidest things I've read throughout this lockout is the suggestion a number of locked-out NHL players plying their craft overseas is some indication of a division within the NHLPA's ranks, as though those playing overseas were being "disloyal" to their brethren remaining in North America. Folks, that has nothing to do with NHLPA unity. At all." [Spector's Hockey]
tn• Remember that amazing Team Canada guitar from last Monday? The same guy just completed an amazing Winnipeg Jets guitar. Thanks to reader Arnold Klassen for the tip.
• Claude Giroux, creating offence and singing Gangnam style. [Broad Street Hockey]
• But he didn't dance Gangnam style. Meanwhile, Filip Forsberg totally did. [RMNB]
• Bovada soldiers on, even despite the NHL lockout. Odds on Ovechkin staying in Russia after the stoppage ends? [Bovada]
• How does changing teams affect a player's point total? Eric T. investigates. [NHL Numbers]
• If a hockey player can only name three types of cheese, there's just no way he's living life to the fullest. There's just no way. [Backhand Shelf]
• New York Islanders prospect Calvin De Haan will miss the entire season with a dislocated left shoulder. [ConnPost]
• Ducks prospect Nicolas Kerdiles will stay at Wisconsin and serve his one-month suspension rather than signing with the Kelowna Rockets. [USOH]
• Stefan Matteau puts Philippe Archambault into the boards with a nasty check from behind. Man alive, this is dangerous. [Buzzing the Net]
• Ray Whitney? More like Ray Mysterio Junior. If Whitney ever did this in real life, he'd instantly become my favourite player.