Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service mediation team that will hopefully facilitate an end to the NHL lockout. He also had one hell of a Twitter feed before he hastily deleted it when hockey fans found it. Anyhoo, this tweet and these tweets and also these tweets help maintain the legacy. The Sporting News has more.
• David Backes, Kevin Westgarth and Mathieu Schneider held an NHLPA 'ask me anything' on Reddit today. Among the highlights was Westgarth on why there wasn't a new CBA this summer: "We were available throughout the summer, unfortunately it seems the NHL was hell bent on putting pressure on the players with the Lockout. I wish it was as simple as spending a certain amount of time together, negotiating, but its very frustrating to see how little progress can be made with a seemingly unwilling partner. [Reddit]
• A handy guide to decertification by the New York Times. [NYT]
• A handy guide to decertification from Eric Macramalla, for TSN. [TSN]
• The SB Nation blogs had an airing of grievances today about the NHL lockout. [SB Nation]
• Detroit Red Wings winger Todd Bertuzzi is not what you'd call optimistic about the fate of the 2012-13 season. As in he doesn't believe there's going to be one. [MLive]
• Did the NHL ask NBC to ignore the "Operation Hat Trick" charity game in Atlantic City? [NY Rangers Blog]
• Ken Campbell on outspoken players: "Players might want to keep that in mind the next time they go to their computer or phone to vent their anger with the rest of the world. There's nothing to be gained by wishing Bettman dead or complaining about missing paychecks. Winston Churchill once said the best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. Sadly, he was right." [THN]
• Fair thee well, Mark Parrish. [PHT]
• Taylor Hall took the player of the week award from some poor under-appreciated AHL player. [NEWSOK]
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Kevin Westgarth
- NHL lockout