Who doesn’t like a fan giveaway while attending an NHL game? You know, a keepsake to remember your amazing (and pricey!) experience: Hats, bobblehead dolls, magnetic calendars, a used earpiece tossed into your lap by an NHL assistant coach.
Witness Boston Bruins assistant coach Geoff Ward taking out his earpiece and tossing over his shoulder, as it lands in what appears to be a Boston Bruins fan’s beer during their 3-2 shootout win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night:
Should have been you, Bob Beers …
A few reactions to this moment, first captured by Barstool Sports (watch it in GIF form there):
1. Ew. Gross.
2. It appears the earpiece is malfunctioning, which is why Ward decides to rid his auditory system of the equipment. It’s pretty much the hockey version of Luke switching off his targeting computer during the attack on the Death Star, only with 100 percent less Obi-Wan Kenobi and 100 percent more NHL assistant coach ear funk landing near a fan’s beverage.
3. The entire clip is sold on that one moment when the fan looks up to the heavens, wondering what exactly had fallen on him during a Bruins game. Being that it’s Boston, we imagine he was relieved it wasn’t projectile vomit.
4. Not for nothing, but that’s a hell of a circus shot. You could win H-O-R-S-E with a shot like that.
5. No, seriously, ew. Gross.
If you’re the fan in the clip above, drop us a line at email@example.com. If only to let us know definitively if the earpiece went in your beer. And whether you drank it.
Related video from Yahoo! Sports:
Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
• Watch: Who could crash the Final Four?
• Jason Bay fighting for roster spot in Seattle
• Tiger Woods' climb back to No. 1 ranks as one of his greatest accomplishments
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey
- Boston Bruins
- Toronto Maple Leafs