Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Getty Images• Douglas Murray should fight every morning and then freeze that hair with some sort of product.
• Gabriel Landeskog is out for the Colorado Avalanche after the hit from Brad Stuart. Which is weird because he came back and played and OH MY GOD THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH DAVID PERRON. [Edmonton Journal]
• So if Stuart avoided suspension because “Landeskog was OK”, what now? [All Things Avs]
• Uh, so why is Alex Ovechkin skating with Jay Beagle and Joey Crabb? Said Adam Oates: “I actually thought that they provided a lot of speed for him and could maybe back the ‘D’ off,” Oates said. “And to get back to balance. Obviously, during the course of a game you can change it back and go through combinations. But I liked our balance.” [Capitals Insider]
• Jamie Benn is back for the Dallas Stars tonight against Columbus, and he’s missing a tooth that was swallowed by a Zamboni in Germany. Ah, hockey stories. [Stars Blog]
• Is that second Toronto area arena, ostensibly being built for a new NHL team, in trouble? [CBC Sports]
• Oh, hey, good times: “With a deadline looming for prospective Phoenix Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison to purchase the team from the National Hockey League, Glendale officials have no idea whether he’ll complete the deal.” [AZ Central]
• Inspiring words from Greg Jamison: "The deadline is the 31st, right? We're working toward that.” [USA Today]
• A ref is in trouble for tweeting that Soo Saint Marie is “all fatties.” [Slam]
• Should the Toronto Maple Leafs buy out Dion Phaneuf? “He's not a buy-out candidate. The Leafs have trouble on defence, but that's a result of having too few defencemen like Dion Phaneuf, not too many. He'd be a top-pairing guy on most NHL teams and would surely be scooped up on the free agent market at a price similar to what he's making now.” [The Leafs Nation]
• Anton Khudobin gets his first start for the Boston Bruins: “It will be my first experience against Carolina, but it will be a good experience. You just have to work every day. You can’t stand still. Every day you just move forward and work on something new.” [ESPN Boston]
• Nice response here from Stanley Cup of Chowder to that “Girl’s Guide To the Rangers” malarkey last week: “Based on the response to the article on Blueshirts United, we think, and hope, that the hockey community as a whole is headed in the right direction. After all, it doesn’t seem so hard, does it? If every hockey fan, male or female or other, treats every other hockey fan, male or female or other, as just a hockey fan, we’ll reach a point soon where articles like "Girl’s Guide" aren’t written in the first place, and where novel-length articles like ours are so self-evident that they won’t be necessary at all.” [SCoC]
• So are we banging the drums for a Bobby Ryan trade to the Philadelphia Flyers, and for what? [Philly.com]
• The Royal Half, working for the LA Kings now (!), previews their game against the Vancouver Canucks. [Kings]
• Finally, a feature on Henrik Lundqvist from HNIC, filmed in SWOOOOOON-o-vision.