Comcast hates you
• It's official: Comcast is mocking us. [Reddit]
• Evander Kane is struggling in Russia. He's pointless through four games and his coach says, "He is in bad shape and not ready yet to play on KHL level." But he seemed so fit on the Winnipeg Jets! Oh right... relativism. [Sportsnet]
• The Western Michigan Broncos' championship banner was stolen. Defenseman Luke Witowski cribbed the monologue from Taken and threatened the perpetrator. The banner was recover 24 hours later because, like, that's how that works. [Buzzing the Net]
• Former NHLer Brett Maclean on his cardiac arrest and the players and paramedics that saved his life. [TSN]
• Bill Daly: "What I can say is obviously we lost about $90 million with losing the preseason. I would say with the cancellation of the first two weeks of the regular season, we're probably in jeopardy of losing about another $140 million. So you're talking about 230, 240 to this point that's in jeopardy. That's 240 that we both lose. It's not just the league that's losing that money. The players are sharing on some basis in that. Some subtatntial basis. Whether that's 57 percent, or whether that's 50 percent or whether that's 47 percent. It's some basis and it's a signficiant basis." [OC Register]
"The current situation hasn't benefitted either side, that's for sure."
• AEG's asking price for the Staples Center, Nokia Theater, L.A. Live, the Kings, and all those other properties. $10 billion. That's 100 Shea Webers! [LA Weekly]
• Dominik Hasek's top 10 moments. He was pretty good. [Kukla's Korner]
• R.J. Umberger will pass the time during the lockout as a volunteer coach for the Ohio State Buckeyes. [OSU]
• The trailer for documentary "The Last Gladiators," which explores the career of Chris Nilan, is pretty impressive.
• Eddie Lack could be in the NHL this year, but in the meantime, he's clearly very committed to the Chicago Wolves. His new gear is nuts. [InGoal Mag]
• Eric T. takes a look at why NHL save percentages are on the rise. Better defense? Better goaltending? [NHL Numbers]
• More Bodog odds on NHLers overseas. Bet on whether or not the Sedins will land in the SEL, whether or not Malkin will average a point a game, and whether Nazem Kadri will lead the Marlies in scoring. Hooray for gambling! [Bodog]
• Some vandals really dislike the Williamsport Outlaws hockey team. [Sun Gazette]
• Even Google and Wikipedia hate the Philadelphia Flyers. [Days of Y'Orr]
• The top 5 hockey gifs. Good list, but it's missing that one of the guy crashing into the glass. You know the one. [Mile High Hockey]
• Kings' blogger Rich Hammond has been hired to cover USC for the Orange County Register. The L.A. Kings say goodbye.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation