Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• The silver medal-winning Slovakian hockey team celebrated at home today and Libor Hudacek wanted to show you his best "The Situation" impression. More dancing Slovaks here. Thanks to Patrik for passing that along
The Devils have been shutout twice through three games against Henrik Lundqvist. If they're going to get back into the series, they'll need to figure out how to score goals again or go down 3-1 heading back to MSG. Jacob Joseson, who's been out since April 3 with an injured wrist, will replace Petr Sykora in the New Jersey lineup. Stu Bickel is expected to be the guy filling in for the suspended Brandon Prust, while Brandon Dubinsky said his ankle is getting better. He's been out of the lineup since the beginning of Round 2.
• Listen to today's Marek Vs. Wyshynski here.
• Please do enjoy this terrific infographic via the LA Kings. [Kings]
• Bourne pumps the tires of Zach Parise. [Backhand Shelf]
• More on Russia's win at the World Championships. [From Russia With Glove]
• The Anaheim Ducks signed 29-year old Swedish goaltender Viktor Fasth to a one-year deal. Fasth was named Goaltender of the Year in the Swedish Elite League the past two seasons becoming the first netminder to do so since Henrik Lundqvist. [Ducks]
• Finally, here's a time-lapse video of the building of the "Sandley Cup" outside LA Live in Los Angeles:
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: "JZarris" on LA's trouble with the Kings:
"At this point I'm beginning to think all the local news producers are purposefully trolling the Kings. What else could it be?"
Bad PR is still PR, right?
Bold prediction: Devils even things up with a double overtime victory. Dainius Zubrus is the hero.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Henrik Lundqvist
- New York Rangers
- New Jersey Devils