Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• The New Jersey Devils' Twitter account shows their sense of humor, reaching out to Charlie Sheen, who was denied re-entry to Game 4 at the Staples Center after stepping outside to have a smoke.
• Granted, Sheen has already pledged, "I'm never going to a hockey game again as long as I'm alive," so it's about 50/50 whether he'll accept. [Contact Music]
• Great column on the Devils' uphill battle by Bruce Arthur: "So in the Devils room they are, as Tampa defenceman Eric Brewer once said about playing in Game 7s, keeping their minds in small places. You get the feeling that everybody involved knows that probability is not inevitability, and that inevitability must be earned." [National Post]
• Good news, everyone: "A man who shoved his daughter's hockey coach after he didn't play the girl in the closing minutes of a friendly game won't be going to jail for the assault." [PEI Guardian]
• Former Senators' owner Rod Bryden, on whether the hockey market in Ottawa is like the market in Toronto. "I think this market is not yet like Toronto, and please, God, it won't get like that." [Sportsnet]
• Legendary Montreal Gazette hockey writer Red Fisher, who has covered 43 of the last 45 Stanley Cup Finals, announced his retirement Friday. [USA Today]
Meet Cy Wilson, Seattle's 86-year-old hockey player. [Seattle PI]
• The Calgary Flames have parted ways with associate coach Craig Hartsburg. [Calgary Herald]
• A watchdog group tried and failed Friday morning to delay the Glendale City Council's proposed $325 million lease agreement for the Phoenix Coyotes when a judge denied its temporary restraining order. [AZ Central]
• Bruce McCurdy on Colton Teubert's first year with the Oilers. [Edmonton Journal]
• Former Maple Leafs and Hurricanes bench boss Paul Maurice is KHL-bound after being hired as the next head coach of Magnitogorsk. [TSN]
• Sad news: NY Rangers blog is going on hiatus, maybe for good. Thanks for the memories, Kevin. [NY Rangers Blog]
• Hockey By Design completes his NHL logo tournament by comparing the logos of his two finalists, the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. [Hockey by Design]
• And finally, here's something you might have missed from Game 4: a fan dressed as Darth Vader tries to create a turnover by force choking Marek Zidlicky. He is unsuccessful.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Charlie Sheen
- New Jersey Devils