Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• The title of this video is "Overtime Winning Goal", which makes this Bobby Orr-esque play even better.
• A contingent of NHL execs visited Sochi today as discussions with the IOC and IIHF on allowing players to participate in the 2014 Olympics continued. [TSN]
• Meanwhile, KHL president Alexander Medvedev feels if NHL commissioner Gary Bettman derails players going to Sochi he'll be just like an ancient Greek arsonist: “If there’s a negative decision? I think that if Bettman wants the fame of Herostratus then it’s possible, of course, to get it." [R Sport]
• The escrow rate for this season will be 20-percent, according to Pierre LeBrun. [ESPN]
• Bucky Gleason on the state of the Buffalo Sabres: "Coach Lindy Ruff has been fired. Interim Ron Rolston, who sounds like a Regier clone, must be wishing he stayed in Rochester. Their defense has been terrible, their effort worse, their morale low. Not even a cagey veteran like Jochen Hecht can pull them from this hole. And it could get worse, if that’s possible, before it gets better." [Buffalo News]
• This is the 12th straight year that Switzerland's SC Bern has topped the European attendance ranking, averaging 16,330 fans a game. Ranked 100th? Norway's Stavanger Oilers, which is surprising considering they employ TORE VIKINGSTAD! [IIHF]
• Looking at the size of players in regards to scoring. [Dobber Hockey]
• Debating against the silly "instigating with a visor" misconduct penalty. [SensShot]
• Finally, via Bob's Blitz, a sweet goal from a Division III Connecticut high school playoff game: