Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Fun Fact: Henrik Lundqvist will play more games (2) at Yankee Stadium this year than A-Rod (0)….
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 28, 2014
• Sick burn.
• Bruce Arthur on Steven Stamkos's rehab from injury, which is different from other rehabs in that "there's a hard deadline". It's not about when he feels ready. It's about being ready for Sochi. [National Post]
• Russia is excited for the Olympic hockey tournament. Are they optimistic about their chances? Not overly. "What do you call excitement sans optimism? Let’s call it anxiety. And pressure. An enormous pressure to deliver the goods to a gold-starved, hockey-mad nation who will consider the Games a failure otherwise." [IIHF]
• How does the Olympic break actually work for the players? [The Globe & Mail]
• Don't forget! On Friday, January 31, the Bakersfield Condors will stage the first-ever cemetery plot giveaway. [Condors]
• Since everyone's doing outdoor games these days, and warm weather climates have proven to be no obstacle, the Dallas Stars are discussing one at AT&T Stadium. [Dallas News]
• Coors Light wants an outdoor game in Colorado, because Coors Light has a field in Colorado. [Adage]
• Inside a KHL hockey game in Croatia, where the game is flourishing. [Pension Plan Puppets]
• The first annual Puck Daddy LA meet up was a great success, except for the shameful, shameful snubbing of Mark Spector. [The Royal Half]
• Bobby Ryan or Jordan Eberle. Who'd ya rather (have on your fantasy team)? [Dobber Hockey]
• The best Junior hockey team? The Guelph Storm. They are the best thing to come out if Guelph since Neve Campbell. [Buzzing the Net]
• Trade talk: Ryan Callahan is in the mix. [ESPN]
• Knowing that goaltenders are going to overplay the guy with 38 goals on the year, Alex Ovechkin took advantage to set up Mike Green for Tuesday night's game-winner. [Japers Rink]
• On the agony of being an NHL fan. [Spector's Hockey]
• Kevin Bieksa is doing what he can to save the UBC men's hockey team. [Vancouver Sun]
• Finally, behold and marvel at Jonathan Bernier's lovely glove save.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Steven Stamkos
- Daniel Sedin
- Henrik Lundqvist