Bross plans to check in with General Manager Don Maloney this morning to check in on those factors and learn the status of Jamison's bid to purchase the team.
"Pending the outcome of that conversation, it could go one of two ways," Bross said. "I would think if they don't have the signatures and it looks like the Jamison thing is going to go (through), then Don and I would get a little more serious in our dialogue about a new contract.
"If they do have the signatures or something throws a wrench in it and they say we're looking at two months before we can make a decision, I think we have to listen to some other offers."
Ken Jones and Joe Cobb, two Glendale activists, have been collecting signatures in an effort to get a $300 million-plus lease deal approved by the City Council in June on the ballot later this year — or, at the very least, to muddy the waters enough where a deal with Jamison's group becomes unobtainable.
Thing is, how long will it take for the signatures initiative to be finalized? The two men orchestrating it claim they have until July 15 to finish the effort; then the city must review the petitions — there's another one on a city sales tax — and verify the signatures.
So Doan could hit the market on Tuesday. We covered some of his suitors on Sunday. The Detroit Red Wings, one imagines, will be near the top of that list. The Los Angeles Kings will be right there with them.
- Sports & Recreation
- Shane Doan