Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Welp, guess that really happened.
• After former NFL players were awarded a $765 million settlement, is that day coming for the NHL? The league isn't saying anything for now. [Globe and Mail]
While you're busy slacking off from work reading Headlines,
go sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Hockey already, will ya?
• Taking a look at Ron Hainsey's numbers, you wonder how he could still be unsigned. [Backhand Shelf]
• The COO of AEG Sports talks about the Ducks-Kings outdoor game, saying some “intriguing and innovative ideas” will make the game different than any other Winter Classic. We're going to guess "palm trees". [LA Kings Insider]
• How does one keep an NHL franchise stable? Well, winning a Stanley Cup helps, for starters. [On Goal Analysis]
• A Q&A with one writer who's heading to Sochi about the recent equal rights debate. [Puck Buddys]
• Hockey cards with the actual laces from game-worn jerseys are back again and look really, really cool. [Panini America]
• Examining hockey's growth in the great state of Iowa. [Panther Parkway]
• Finally, here are some sights and sounds from the NHL's first annual rookie orientation camp:
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Washington Capitals
- Nazem Kadri