Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Freakshow• Tremendous find by the Freakshow (via The Pensblog) which suggests that the Curse of Taylor Swift is befalling the then-Pittsburgh Penguins in this Oct. 2009 photograph. Just tell Tyler Kennedy what he needs to do before it's too late!
• Evgeni Nabokov is back in San Jose … for an exhibition game. He's got no ill will to the Sharks: "The bottom line is it's a business and some decisions needed to be made. I had a lot of opportunities to deliver the Cup and I wasn't able to." [Mercury News]
• The New Jersey Devils might lose both of their key assistant coaches next season: Adam Oates to the Capitals as head coach, and Larry Robinson to retirement. Ouch. [Fire & Ice]
• Sea Bass on the Adam Oates hire for the Capitals: "[The head coaching job in Washington] shows the work that he has put in since becoming an assistant coach starting in Tampa and in NJ." [CSNNE]
• It appears that Steve Ott is back on the trading block for the Dallas Stars. [Defending Big D]
• Elliotte Friedman wants to revolutionize NHL free agency: "What if the NHL had a similar system to the NBA, where everyone without a contract can talk to any interested party for, say, a week before new deals are allowed to be signed? Basketball free agency begins Sunday -- just like hockey -- but no one can officially commit until July 1." [CBC]
• A hockey coach allegedly tripped a 13-year-old player in a handshake line, and now the police are looking into it. [Global BC]
• Follow the bouncing Wojtek Wolski to his next destination, as the Florida Panthers do not qualify the winger. (Also of note here: Kris Versteeg was called "arguably the most exciting goal scorer in South Florida since Pavel Bure." How low's that bar?) [Sun Sentinel]
• Are the Vancouver Canucks the front-runners for Justin Schultz? [Canucks Army]
• Good Flyers-centric breakdown of the James van Riemsdyk for Luke Schenn trade. [Broad Street Hockey]
• Matt Carle is a priority for the Philadelphia Flyers. [Philly.com]
• Will Marty Biron be back with the New York Rangers? [NY Post]
• Congrats to Scott Arniel, who lands on his feet with the Chicago Wolves. [AP]
• Get to know the Subban family. [Backhand Shelf]
• The Calgary Flames are "cautiously optimistic" that Blake Comeau will be back next season. [Sun Media]
• The answer is Peter Sivak. The question: Who is the first member of the San Francisco Bulls. [SF Weekly]
• Finally, via Joanna: If you're having a crappy day, or know someone who is, pay this forward to them.