• Four tickets on JetBlue to Boston
• Two-night stay at the Ritz Carlton
• Dinner for four at Legal Seafoods Harborside
• Dinner for four at the Top of the Hub restaurant
• Four tickets to a performance at the Citi Performing Arts Center
• Four box seats at a Bruins or Celtics game at the TD Garden
• Behind-the-scenes-tour of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
• Duck Tour ride
• VIP tour of the personal diaries of John Adams, which inspired the HBO series, at the Boston Public Library
• VIP tour of the Samuel Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain
• Photo with Menino
If New England wins (perhaps by "Varitek splitting the uprights"), a Boston family's tour of New York will feature:
• Four tickets on the Delta Shuttle to New York
• A two-night stay at the Grand Hyatt
• Dinner for four at the newly reopened Russian Tea Room
• Lunch or dinner for four at B. Smith's restaurant
• Four club seats at a Rangers or Knicks game
• Four tickets to the "Phantom of the Opera"
• Ride with the captain on Statue Cruises to Liberty and Ellis Islands, with a VIP tour of the Statue of Liberty crown and museum, including lunch
• VIP tour of the new wing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
• VIP tour of the Brooklyn Brewery
• Photo with Bloomberg
Families will be chosen by special lottery.
It's a solid lineup, though New York couldn't hook up Bostonians with tickets to "Book of Mormon"? And I don't know of anyone who would consider going to a Knicks game as a reward.
Other Super Bowl bets in recent years have featured Philly cheesesteaks and New York cheesecake and Green Bay cheese wedges. In addition to cheese-related wagers, mayors and governors have also agreed to wear the jerseys of opposing teams, hang team flags from city hall and shovel sidewalks.
The governors of New York and Massachusetts have yet to decide on their wager. Government gridlock, am I right?
Other popular Super Bowl content:
• Numerologist says Tom Brady has the edge in Super Bowl XLVI
• The best and worst of the Giants' Super Bowl media day
• Tiquan Underwood's hair shows Patriots pride
• OMG: Best and worst renditions of the national anthem | OMG: Super Bowl party central
- Sports & Recreation
- Travel & Tourism
- New York
- Michael Bloomberg
- Super Bowl