Rodney Harrison, who is still following various New York Giants around the greater New York/New Jersey area, looking to get in one more shot before the game is really over, told the Boston Herald that he'll be coming back next year.
I never heard any talk that Harrison was going to retire, but I guess there was enough of it out there to warrant a statement being released on his return. It doesn't come as a surprise to me, because there's no other profession on earth that allows him to commit such gratuitous violence. For example, if Rodney Harrison was a Wal-Mart greeter, he'd be in prison before the week was out.
• The Giants are going to have to make a decision soon on whether or not to trade Jeremy Shockey. I have noticed a distinct lack of an uproar from Giants players insisting that they keep Shockey.
• The Panthers have signed defensive tackle Damione Lewis to a 3-year deal, which allows them to listen to offers for Kris Jenkins.
• All signs point to Rodney’s return / Boston Herald
• A Shockey development? / Boston Globe
• Panthers agree to terms with DT Lewis / Yahoo! Sports
Doug Farrar is the editor of Shutdown Corner, Yahoo! Sports’ NFL blog.