La Russa's daughter, Bianca, successfully tried out for the team's cheerleading squad last week and will be a Raiderette in the upcoming season. (If there is an upcoming season, that is.)
She tweeted the news last week: "A goal and a dream come true- I'm a 2011 Raiderette! I'm so excited to rep an organization that does so much good."
Though we're not sure what good the Raiders do other than handing money to undeserving draft picks and keeping the Band Aid industry afloat, we'll chalk up that comment to youthful exuberance.
If she's anything like her dad, Bianca will use five dancers on a four-dancer routine, move the worst dancer up to No. 7 in the dancing order and have Buzz Bissinger follow her around and write a deifying book about three days in the life of a cheerleader.
Follow Yahoo! Sports on Facebook and be the first to know about the most interesting stories of the day.
Other popular Yahoo! Sports stories:
• QB Tom Brady appears to be growing a mullet
• Charlie Sheen posts $22K to spring Lenny Dykstra from jail
• Jay Cutler engaged to reality-TV star Kristin Cavallari
• Tennis player lashes out in profane tweet
• What should NBA team do with special-case player?
- Tony La Russa
- Oakland Raiders