Madonna was on time for her Super Bowl press conference, thus putting her one step ahead of Osi Umenyiora. Shutdown Corner runs down the highlights.
1. Notice how Madonna drops her phony British accent for the press conference. She's truly a woman of the people.
2. Madonna revealed she's performing with a strained hamstring.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Gerald McCoy told Madonna he loved her, then asked her for a kiss after the press conference. He was denied. His stint as a reporter from OCNN was as much of a train wreck as the Bucs' last eight games.
4. "Any rituals before you go on on Sunday?" The NFL hasn't seen this many softballs since Chad Pennington retired.
5. A reporter from Boston asked Madonna whether she thought Rob Gronkowski would play on Sunday. "I hope he does," Madonna said with an air of uncertainty that suggests the reporter would have received the same response if he had asked whether Bronko Nagurski was going to see playing time.
6. Another reporter asked if Madonna's friend, Alex Rodriguez, actually has that infamous centaur painting hanging in his apartment. She says she hasn't seen it.
7. The winner of the "who's going to be the first to ask about a wardrobe malfunction" contest: Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times. "There will be no wardrobe malfunctions," she guarantees.