Buzzing on Yahoo Sports:

Shutdown Corner

Report: Dolphins are ‘done’ with Richie Incognito

Shutdown Corner

View photo

.

Richie

The Miami Dolphins are seemingly ready for this Richie Incognito fiasco to end.

According to Miami Herald reporter Armando Salguero, the Dolphins are ready to part ways with Incognito after the offensive lineman allegedly harassed teammate Jonathan Martin so much, the 24-year-old decided to leave the team.

"He's done," a ranking club source told Salguero on Monday. "There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair. The NFL is involved. But from a club perspective he'll never play another game here."

The Dolphins initially defended Incognito and their team through a news release on Sunday, but have changed their views on this situation.

Miami suspended Incognito indefinitely as more information about Incognito’s alleged harassment of Martin was revealed. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Martin was intimidated into contributing $15,000 toward a trip to Las Vegas by Incognito. Martin did not attend the trip but gave up the the money anyway.

Incognito once named Martin as the "easiest teammate to scare" in a game program.

Martin was so disturbed by the constant verbal attacks and threats, he left the team last week.

Incognito initially defended himself on Twitter on Sunday. However, Schefter acquired what he reported as threatening and racially-charged voicemails Incognito left Martin earlier this year, and he has not responded. These messages have allegedly been turned over to the NFL:

Salguero said the Dolphins will wait for Incognito’s defense and a full NFL review before cutting ties with the player. However, the team does not intend to allow Incognito back at any point.

- - - - - - -

Anwar S Richardson is a writer for Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at NFLAnwar@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Football
View Comments (145)