Plaxico Burress is scheduled to complete his 20-month prison sentence on June 6. With only a few weeks to go before Burress walks out of the Oneida Correctional Facility, Steve Serby of the New York Post caught up with Plaxico's wife, Tiffany, for an exclusive interview about the Super Bowl MVP's impending release. His article appeared in Tuesday's edition.
Some of the highlights:
1. On most days, Plaxico speaks to his family on the phone. Conversations with his 4-year-old son last up to 20 minutes. Tiffany says they talk about football.
2. Michael Strahan, Brandon Jacobs, Osi Umenyiora, Amani Toomer, Fred Taylor and Byron Leftwich are among the visitors Plaxico has had in prison. Eli Manning didn't go but told Tiffany to tell her husband that he asked about him.
3. Plaxico, 34, says he feels as good physically as he did back in his college days.
4. When he met Tiffany for the first time, Plaxico asked for her number. She refused. He then gave her his number(s). "I remember he gave me three numbers," Tiffany told Serby. "Who gives somebody three numbers? Who does that?"
5. Their first date was at Red Lobster.
6. Plaxico and Tiffany's daughter, Giovanna, was born while Burress was in prison. Because Plaxico wasn't allowed access to phones during that period of time, he didn't learn of her birth until she was 5 days old
The whole thing is worth the read.
- Plaxico Burress
- Steve Serby