The Miami Dolphins are giving their fans plenty of incentives to purchase season tickets in 2014.
They are not selling quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey is not part of their campaign push. The Dolphins are not trying to convince their fan base this team will make the playoffs in 2014.
Instead, purchasing season tickets could result in free tickets to Sea World in Orlando.
The Dolphins unveiled a new membership program to their season ticket holders, and the club is offering year-round events and perks for those who purchase a 10-game package, according to The Sun-Sentinel.
Here are some of the perks that are being offered:
- Discounts at restaurants and local businesses
- Free on-field movie night
- Food truck and photo booth party at Sun Life Stadium
- Kickoff yacht party
- Dolphins Day at Sea World in Orlando for suite/club level package buyers (the amusement park is about four hours away from Miami).
- The opportunity to stage a fantasy football draft in a stadium suite with food and beer provided, plus Dolphins alumni available to give advice on your draft picks.
Hey, it is hard to blame Miami’s sales department.
Miami’s last playoff appearance occurred during the 2008 season. The team has not finished over .500 since that year. Last season, Miami finished 8-8, but the season was overshadowed by the Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito fiasco. It is not like the sales department has anything else to offer right now.
If the Miami Dolphins are not entertaining in 2014, at least the dolphins at Sea World will make their fans smile.
- - - - - - -
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Miami Dolphins