This is a weird day. There's an absolute barrage of NFL news coming out, but not a great deal of it is interesting. What would be the over/under on the number of Red Bulls consumed by Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio in the last 24 hours? I'd set it at 22, and take the over. Unless he's also got a cocaine habit, in which case, it's probably only 3 or 4.
For instance, the Redskins resigned Todd Collins. If you're a Redskins fan, you care. If you're not, you're probably more emotionally invested in the Solitaire game you're playing right now. Seriously, it's Todd Collins.
A brief list of other things you probably only care about if your team is involved:
• Alan Faneca's probably going to sign with the Jets.
• The Jets have also traded a couple of draft picks for the Panthers' Kris Jenkins.
• The Rams cut Isaac Bruce.
• Bengals DE Justin Smith is visiting the 49ers. I think it's safe to say that "winning" is not high on his priority list.
• It looks like the Eagles have a good shot of signing Asante Samuel.
• Bernard Berrian is visiting the Vikings.
• The Dolphins have signed David Kircus, who might not fit the "no thugs" profile Bill Parcells wanted.
• Jason Elam and John Lynch could be done in Denver.
• Miami will trade a 6th round pick to the Cowboys for Jason Ferguson.
• The Patriots have resigned Kelley Washington.
• The Browns traded for the Packers Corey Williams.
• Donte Stallworth is visiting the Browns.
• The Bucs have signed center Jeff Faine.
• Just curious ... how long ago did you stop reading?
For free agent updates, this spot here might be your best bet. May your team make clever signings and not put themselves in salary cap hell for the next 8 years.
• NFL free agency updates / Yahoo! Sports