What's buzzing:

Shutdown Corner

Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez indicted for witness intimidation

Man who shipped guns to ex-NFL star Hernandez gets 2 years
.

View photo

Former New England Patriots football player Aaron Hernandez listens as the guilty verdict is read during his murder trial at the Bristol County Superior Court in Fall River, Mass., Wednesday, April 15, 2015. Hernandez was found guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd in June 2013. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole. (Dominick Reuter/Pool Photo via AP)

Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez will spend the rest of his life in prison after being convicted of murder, but the charges against him keep piling up.

Hernandez was indicted on charges of witness intimidation for allegedly shooting Alexander Bradley in the face for making a comment about a 2012 double murder in Boston. Hernandez has also been charged in that double murder case. The Hartford Courant and other outlets broke the news of the witness intimidation charge on Monday. Hernandez was found guilty last month for the June, 2013 murder of semipro football player Odin Lloyd.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football is back: Sign up for a league today!]

The double murder happened in 2012 in Boston. Alexander Bradley was in the car with Hernandez the night of the drive-by shooting, prosecutors claim, according to the Courant. Bradley, who testified in Hernandez's first murder trial, made a comment about the double murder. Hernandez shot him in the eye, prosecutors say. Bradley was not specifically identified in the statement on Monday but based on other court records, the Courant says he is the victim in question. Bradley has filed a civil suit against Hernandez.

"Hernandez allegedly shot him in the face on the morning of Feb. 13, 2013, and left him to die on the side of the road in Riviera Beach, Florida, after the witness made a remark about the homicides," Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney's office, said in a statement released Monday, via the Courant.

- - - - - - -

Frank Schwab is the editor of Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at shutdowncorner@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!

View Comments (672)