• The NFL Network's Fran Charles caught up with Chad Ochocinco working out at Freddie Roach's Wildcard Gym in Hollywood. It's an interesting interview, and Chad appears to be working extremely hard, even though he hasn't been to minicamp. He actually makes sense most of the time he speaks, too, except when he's asked about why he hasn't told Marvin Lewis of his whereabouts, and that he might eventually start a boxing career.
• Elsewhere in the AFC North, Ben Roethlisberger was limping around at practice today. The injury doesn't appear to be serious, but when Benjamin limps, people take notice.
• The Eagles won't say whether or not they're considering re-working Donovan McNabb's contract, as was reported last night on Comcast SportsNet in Philadelphia.
"I would think that [Vince] Lombardi's probably rolling over [in his grave] right now. John's got a shoulder that back when I played, even prior to [then], I don't think anybody would've ever missed a snap for it. I think it's a minor bruise of sorts. It's not something that should keep anybody out of work. But he feels like he can't go, so we'll let him wait until he can."
That seems like an unnecessarily harsh way to treat a veteran for missing an OTA in June. Especially one who does this.
• Joining Rodney Harrison(notes) at the NBC football studio will be Tony Dungy, and on his way out is Jerome Bettis. I never thought Bettis added much to a broadcast, and despite all the respect I have for Tony Dungy, he seems a little bland for TV. I don't know. Maybe he'll surprise me.
• Redskins cornerback DeAngelo hall(notes) has experienced a 25-point drop in his Madden rating from one year to the next. He was a 93 last year and a 68 this year (note: he was never as good as a 93, and he's certainly not as bad as a 68). DeAngelo's taking it pretty hard. He says he wants his name and likeness pulled out of the game.
• Prince Harry says he loves American football, and promised to come to a Jets game this year. Ha ha, England, we're going to steal your prince!
• The Buffalo Bills secondary is working out with a martial arts expert this week. I expect one hell of an MMA fight to break out if the Bills happen to face boxer Chad Johnson(notes) in the playoffs.
• Chad Pennington(notes) would like you to know that that's not him on Twitter. It's difficult to imagine an existence so sad that someone would improve their life by pretending to be Chad Pennington on Twitter.