Trent Richardson wonders why the Browns drafted Will Patton (AP)• Twenty-eight-year-old Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden has declared himself ready to start in the NFL. This, despite the fact that he's never before actually faced an NFL defense. In a related story, I am ready to singlehandedly conquer the Lesser Antilles.
• Sticking with the Browns for a second, 44.54 percent of Browns fans are extremely optimistic people.
• Here's a reminder that Jonathan Vilma has actually been accused to accepting money for knocking players out of games before: at Miami, with the money coming from Nevin Shapiro.
• Five reasons to be optimistic that the Chargers can have a better defense in 2012 than they had in 2011.
• DeMarco Murray says the ankle he broke late last year is fine.
• Darrell Green's son, Jared, is getting a look from the Carolina Panthers.