With all the recent optimism surrounding the lockout, it's best we get on naming the best captions from our most recent Create-a-Caption contest, based on the picture posted by ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter on his Twitter account. Schefter claimed that he was just looking for contingency plans during the labor mess, but our commentariat had other ideas, and you'll see them below.
Kudos to Schefter himself for being a good sport and linking our goofy contest on his Twitter feed, encouraging captions on our behalf — the ones from Patycake15 and Castrophany arrived in that fashion. He's one of the good guys.
1. Patycake15: "I don't care if you ARE an entertainer and an icon — I still need to see ID!"
2. Use A Brain, Sometimes: "The difference between you and me: I make this look good."
3. Castrophany: "This is still better than camping out on Brett Favre's lawn..."
4. Jim: "The lockout stops HERE. No, really, it does have to stop here. I need to raise the gate."
5. Evan: "Thanks Mort. A league source has informed me that you can park now."
6. Chris: "Key sources tell me that Mel Kiper, Jr. and Chris Mortensen will be having the corned beef on rye at the ESPN cafeteria at approximately 12:45 today. This was confirmed when Mort showed me his lunch money as he pulled through the gate. Look for a further update as this story develops. Back to you, Mike."
7. Joshua S: "This seems the best way to interview Brandon Marshall's wife."
8. Shaun: "This is NOT what I expected when Ohio State offered me a position as the next Jim Tressel."
9. Legal Eagle: "Well, Global Securities took a risky signing here -- he's coming off a long layoff and might only be able to go for a few weeks but he has tremendous upside. Good signing by Global Securities overall."
10. Andrew H: "Mr. James? Where are you going? The fourth quarter just started!"
- Adam Schefter